Special Message to all Members from the SSCA President
May 12, 2020 –
The impact of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is widespread and unfortunately, will continue to affect our lives for a long time. Your Board of Directors continue to have meetings through this emergency, assessing the impacts to our SSCA community and upcoming summer activities.
In keeping with Federal and Provincial Public Health authorities advice on social distancing, the SSCA Board has decided to continue the winter closure of the SSCA Community Centre property until further notice. Buildings and courts will remain locked. Docks and ramps will continue to be detached from the shore.
In addition, with the health and safety of our members and their children as our ongoing priority, the SSCA Board has made the difficult decision to cancel this summer’s Day Camp program. As the situation improves, we will review the possibility of running volunteer led events for children later in the summer. We look forward to bringing back the Day Camp next summer.
Your SSCA Board will continue monitoring the situation, leveraging the advice of Federal, Provincial and Municipal government bodies and Health authorities. Among the many things being considered these days, the Board is discussing:
- Possible closure extension of the SSCA Community Centre property
- Rescheduling or possible cancellation of later summer programs and events
- Whether or not our Annual General Meeting should be held virtually.
We will continue to provide you regular updates on COVID-19 impacts to our SSCA community in future newsletters, on our website and through email alerts. As always, if you have any questions, reach out to me or other members of our SSCA Board.
Take care everyone.