The Schoolhouse was built around 1950 on land purchased from the Welsh brothers. They sold the property to the Parry Sound School Board for $1 and constructed the building for them for $17,000. On Feb. 23, 1998, the SSCA acquired the Schoolhouse and its property from the Township of the Archipelago…for a dollar!
Today, the children’s Day Camp is held at the Schoolhouse on weekdays in July and August. On weekends, it is used for: the annual Arts and Crafts show during Regatta; the Annual General Meeting; Environment Day; Cottage Socials and other special SSCA events.
The Dock House is closed due to structural, electrical and septic concerns resulting from the high water currently being experienced on the Bay.
Located in the south room of the Dock House, the library is open during Dock House hours. Feel free to borrow a book. There is a good assortment of fiction and non-fiction as well as young adult and children’s books. Please re-shelve books when you are finished with them.