Day Camp 2021
The camp will run outdoors weekdays from Monday, August 2nd to Friday, August 13th, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. We can accommodate 15 campers per day, ages 5-12. Campers are required to register through our online google doc. Please reach out to our Director, Charlie at email@example.com and he will send the Day Camp registration form that you can either print and fill out ahead of time, or fill out upon arrival at camp and the mandatory wellness check. The cost is $40 per day, and payments can be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (set up for automatic payment).
Ontario Covid-19 Safety Plan – Day Camp
A big welcome to all of our Day Camp families! Please observe the following safety plan to make the operation of our Day Camp safe for everyone involved.
- Under the Reopening of Ontario Act (ROA), each camper/staff/volunteer must complete the on-line Covid-19 Screening Tool at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ and be free of COVID-19 symptoms. All individuals must not have been in close contact with any individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting potential COVID-19 symptoms.
- Use of masks is not required if camp participants can maintain a distance of 2 m
- Use hand sanitizer when arriving and departing
- Children aged 5-13 are eligible to attend Day Camp
- Individuals should be placed within a cohort with campers of the same family bubble, or who they have been placed with during past visits to Day Camp or programming. This includes sitting at the same tables and being on the same team.
- Shared sporting equipment, toys, ect, must be made of material that can be disinfected, be of single use, or quarantined for 3 days.
- Facilities and touched surfaces such as washrooms, eating areas, door pulls, sporting equipment etc, must be disinfected twice daily.
- Water coolers must be used for disposable cups only.
- Frequent hand washing must be promoted and performed using soap and water or alcohol based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) must be used regularly.
- If a camp participant requires a personal support worker, this individual is not included in the cohort count, but should follow all of the above policies and regulations including the COVID-19 Screening Tool.
- Personal items brought to Day Camp should be minimized and should not be shared.
- Campers/staff/volunteers should use the same washrooms consistently throughout the day. The Day Camp staff should assign each participant to a washroom at the start of each camp day.
- Caregivers must be available to pick up a camper if staff or camper would start to develop symptoms of COVID-19. The symptomatic individual would need to isolate in an area until their caregiver arrives.
- All staff and volunteers must wear medical masks and eye protection when unable to stay 2 m from each individual.
Thank you for your cooperation! Looking forward to a great time at Day Camp together!
Sailing Camp 2021
We will be offering two one-week camps, starting on August 9 and August 16 respectively, suitable for sailors with or without experience, aged 7-15. Due to COVID19 restrictions, capacity will be limited on both the water taxi and at camp, so there will be only 12 places available for each week. For the same reason, we have had to increase pricing for this year, to $595, with an early bird price of $545 available until May 30. This price includes water taxi transportation to and from the community centre dock, Monday through Friday.